Tuesday, January 25, 2011

What I LOVE!!!

Of Course I couldn't resist starting this post out with my little sumo wrestler!

It is a NEW YEAR and this YEAR is full of lots of goals and projects! I got a sewing machine and a cricut cake for Christmas and can't wait to start using them!!! Devin probably hates this about me but I love it- anytime we go to a craft store or go anywhere for that matter; if I see something I like I will study it until I figure out how to make it on my own. I love crafts whether it be making cakes, clocks, picture frames, tutus, headbands, scrapbooking, curtains, pillows, and of course my hats!- One thing I must learn this year is how to knit! Here are a couple of projects I have already done.- of course more to come! ENJOY!!!

The croheted tube top tutu with a matching headband. (The bow on headband is changeable)

My crocheted top tutus!!!


This is a newborn size hat! I love making this and I am going to start selling them in my salon!!! Sorry it is upside down


PORTERS OWL HAT!! I am now working on 3 other kinds of hats for him!!!


This is my patriotic clock that I made for my Mother in law. I am currently working on 2 other clocks. Pictures to come!


The Motorcycle diaper cake!! I made this one for Porter!


The Front View


This one I made for Devin's Cousin- I even put a wagon on the back and filled it with all sorts of goodies


This is the birthday cake that I made for my little sister. She loves anything Japanese/ Chinese. It was a vanilla cake with a cookie and cream filling.


Here is a close up on the "Sushi roll". This is my cake "sushi roll" made out of cake and coconut












3 comments:

  1. You are so incredibly talented!!! Those are all so cute. I LOVE the diaper "bikes". I did diaper cakes for baby gifts a few years ago. I've been doing blankets and burp cloths for so long now, and I have been thinking I need a change. I may have to do diaper "bikes' for the next round of baby gifts! So cute! Where did you come up with the idea?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marissa!! You are so talented!! I have to ask, did you get those patterns from Inner Hooker? Hahah I just bought some from her. But I need to learn how to read a pattern!! That one with the earflaps and the braided bottoms is my FAVORITE! I want to make a baby blue, black and white one. Just like the picture for the pattern {if you got it from Inner Hooker}. That is so crazy! I am going to buy all my patterns there. I have THE cutest idea for a beanie, but I am struggling to learn haha. But I am determined! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys!
    Anita! I miss you so much!! I got the idea of the diaper cakes from babyfavorsandgifts.com they have all sorts of ones.
    Jamie! for the hats I dont have a pattern!
    I have been crocheting with my grandma since I was in elementry. If you need help with the pattern let me know I would love to help!

    ReplyDelete